- Assess the effects of interventions targeting increased use of the built environment for overall PA in both adults and children.
- Compare the effects of interventions encouraging the use of existing built environments with interventions that, with or without involving informational approaches, involve building or regenerating environments.
- Describe other health benefits (e.g. mental health, risk factors for cardiovascular and other diseases) where outcomes are available.
- Explore whether the effects of interventions differ between adults and children and between advantaged and disadvantaged populations.
- Identify gaps in the evidence and highlight future research needs in the area.
This is a protocol.